Skip to main content

The Dream Story....

Folks this is a story I dreamed of writing. No literally, I had a dream sometime back in which I was writing a story. I jus remember the story I wrote in my dream very sketchily. Hence, I am adding a little bit of my masala in it and presenting it to all of you.

It was early Monday morning and there stood Anita tightening the knot on the tie of Ram little aware of the prying eyes that were watching all the events rite since morning. Ram and Anita were a newly wedded couple. They had been married for 3 months now and post honeymoon, Ram had to move to a new place for his work. The firm that Ram worked for provided them with a beautiful looking house in the countryside and made sure they gave him transport as well. The house was maintained by a maid who was a local. She would come twice in a day and do all the work that was told to her. (Sweet I wish I had known this company... :( Recession time man....me and my dreams!! )

Ram and Anita were a happy couple and theirs was an arranged marriage. The house even though beautiful, somehow gave passersby an eerie feeling, mostly, because of the sheer size, location and the isolation from the rest of the houses. But, Anita and Ram were enjoying the sheer privacy and the location was just rite for newly weds. Right from the day they moved into the house, there were eyes from all around looking out for opportunities. These were prying eyes waiting and some watched lustfully and some diabolic motives.

The maid had told Anita various stories about the locality. (Why do maids always have to say scary stories about the area... damn ...this is sooooo cinematic!!) Sometimes late in the night Anita would hear noises, the sources of which were unknown to her and she preferred it like that. She would tell Ram in the morning about it and Ram would just make fun of her and hug her close to him, ask her not to worry and leave for work. This was almost a usual occurrence in the household. Anita would walk back into the house and shut all the doors and windows.

One fine morning, after Ram left for work, Anita sat on the couch watching some of her favorite soaps on the huge Plasma and home theater. There was a noise from the first floor that she heard. She waited for a moment and called out to her maid to check what it was. Anita was in the living room and she did not get any response from her maid as well. Anita slowly muted TV and walked around the kitchen where the maid was supposed to be. To add to her shock and fear, the maid wasnt in there anymore. Anita came back to the living room and checked the main door. It was locked. She heard the noise again. She slowly went upstairs. She peeked into the room. She looked around carefully with a rolling pin in her hand. (Man..... Weapons of Man Destruction... ) She could not find anything out of place and then she looked up at the window and was shocked and scared to death. It looked like it was almost painted red and it was dripping down.

She did not have the courage to go out of the house. She was scared out of her wits.
She did not know what to do. She called Ram but could not reach him (Now it gets very cinematic). Ram calls her about 10 mins later from his office number. "Honey. I gotta go outta town for 2 days. Will come back ASAP. Don worry. Take care." "Ram...." she almost screamed..... Click. He had hung up. She was too scared now and she slept through a creepy night in the living room.

Next morning, she almost forgot about it and her usual routine continued as the eyes from outside kept watching her continuously. Then her maid, Lakshmi came for work. "Where the hell did you go yesterday?" asked Anita. "I did tell you before I left. You were watching TV then." replied a flustered Lakshmi not knowing what had happened. Anita had to go shopping to the near by store for veggies and groceries.
Lakshmi finished her clean up process and they both went to the store in Anita's car.
They came back in about half hour and heard some noises upstairs. They ran up and checked the room. All the things were strewn about and the room looked like someone had ravaged it completely. The mattress was torn in various places, the cotton and foam from pillows flying around. Anita looked up at that window and saw that all windows were opened. She came down to check and the kitchen and dining room had been ravaged too. Food lay strewn all over the place. Utensils were all over the floor and the place was messy.

"Who the hell opened all these windows and who left the door to the backyard open?" Anita yelled at Lakshmi. The house was fenced and it was high enough for anyone to scale. Lakshmi stood there scratching her head. "I left them open for some fresh air maam". Anita freaked out. She yelled at her and asked her to clean all the mess. FEAR now was at its max for Anita. There was someone watching her she knew. She did not even change her clothes out of that fear and she made sure Lakshmi stayed with her that night.

Ram would arrive in a day and then she thought she will set it rite. A blessing in disguise, Ram's work was over early and he came the next morning. She narrated the whole series of events. Ram was initially scared and then he decided to stay home and find out what was happening.

The minute he heard the first noise from upstairs, Ram went out with a huge stick in his hand. He went by several trees and went to the one that was rite outside the bedroom window. He noticed it was a plum tree. And he looked up and plop on his head fell a huge plum and his face and shirt was full of red pulp. The monkeys in GANGS looked down at him and made a noise that sounded like a giggle to him. He laughed like a mad man and he went into the house. Anita stood there and with all the red pulp all over him she freaked out. Ram let out an evil laugh and this made Anita shiver. The closer he went to her she was scared.

He then laughed his ass off and told her about everything that happened..... They laughed their way to sleep that night.

P.S: Do not hunt me down :) I cant help if I dream this way :P And for those who expected some serial killing or some gore ghosts... :P :P :P!!! ROTFL!!!

Comments

  1. da, knowing u n havin lived in a neighbothood full of monkeys, i kinda guessed it da. but it was good da. wat a dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude...........u only possible

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming...

I choose now to write A thought about Thoughts, a tale about Feelings. How I wanted to, But, did not speak up or express. I chose, but, To be hurt, To feel betrayed, Disappointed,   by The ones I thought never will Defeated in every path, I chose Stopped time I did, Flipped a few pages back, And stared at life, As an outsider, a stranger With no judgment… I wanted to And failed To say no, to opine To choose differently To be happy and Not carry the burden of My choices. I chose the sorrow, I chose betrayal, I chose yesterday, I chose today. I chose to become. Alas! Time waits for no one, I lay with my eyes open, On a bed of choices and doubts. Pages of life turned to A tomorrow with hope, New paths to pave A path to a new Becoming…

Master of None (?!)

And I keep returning to the blogosphere with one thing or the other. Here goes another cryptic mess here. Are you the master of your choice?  Bright and vibrant eyes, A soothing voice, Helpful demeanor, Subtle yet present curves, A shapely dress, Highlighting them all, As if she wasn't already attractive enough. She called out to him, Gently nudging for attention, From time to time. No matter how big the crowd, He ogled at her unabashedly, Never let her out of sight, Or an arm's length. She wasn't new in his life, Nonetheless, she managed... To morph in many ways From time to time Just for his attention And he, for her Diabolical, was she? One fine day… He sat with his back, Turned away from her, Like he cared - For the world around him. As he looked up and around, All that was left was... Burned bridges, Withering flowers, Fallen leaves, Decadence of life as he knew it And an insignificant ray of hope.

Me, myself & joy....

My back faced the window at The Brew Room. I was engrossed with a few spreadsheets and documents. My coffee arrived. The girl with a very subtle smile on her face served it and was pleasantly shocked when I said thank you and smiled at her. So much so, I could see a small amount of blood rush to her thin, long and meek face that brought an involuntary smile across it.  She turned back and walked away to avoid further eye contact.  In some time, the sun, as it went about it's day moved further west and shone through parts of the windows of the coffee shop. The tree cover and the sun rays had a battle of sorts while the shadows played along. I had youtube dishing out AR Rahman's melodies one after the other. I suddenly felt a warmth on my back. A few sneaky rays of sunshine diffused through the gaps in the leaves to make it in and bring new life into my workplace. I took off my earphones, sat there observing the cheerful people around me and the near perfect day.  To m