Skip to main content

Journey to the West - Getting on the plane

Finally.... After mentioning this blog quite a few times and coming up wit it jus a lil after a month :D :D ...PHEW was I busy or wat.........!! So here goes.....

10.30PM, December 27th, 2008
Location: Besant Nagar, India
The last minute of packing and weighing the bags and trying to keep them under 23kgs. No, that is not realistic. It is never true and it is never possible to get that rite. Wateva we try, its gonna end up at least a KG more than wat is allowed. Packing done by 11:00PM and a final round of hugs and namaskarams to grandparents. I was cuddling my dearest Kutty to last me a long time before I come back to India(I miss her soooooooo much :( ). We head to the airport. We means, my parents and me. I went into Anna International Airport along with several others. I went in and had no problems with my bags and went on to check-in and come back and spend time with my parents and friends. I go ahead and see a queue as long as the longest I have seen. I din wanna stand in one of those. But, this was the first of many I was gonna see. So, just went ahead with a SIGH written all over my face.

All of a sudden, a British Airways attendant comes by and asks the queue starting from me to go to a different check-in counter. PHEW, wee headed to the business class check-in counter and guess wat I was the first to check-in. I had a great time with my parents and friends till much later. BA staff again comes and tells me, "All flights are running full, Sir, head to Immigration." I go ahead and at around 1:30AM, 28th December 2008 and go through Immigration at Chennai's Anna International Terminal. Now, now now.... Me being a genius :D.... I gave away all the Indian currency I had on me to my Dad before I came thro'. I go up and wait for the security check for my flight to open up......only in vain..... I was there at security at 2AM for a flight that was going to depart at 4AM!!!!!!! WTH!!! And now the best thing happens, I start to feel hungry as I sit in the lobby there. My brilliance made sure sometime back that I did not have any Indian money on me!!!! So I cudnt buy anything from the shop that sold all the goodies rite in front of me. Now, there were rats running in my stomach and for some strange reason I started to believe they were running some kinda race in there :( :(!!!!

All of a sudden, the security check for BA is announced and I go through tat and now switch some music on. My iPod was dishing out beautiful numbers as I waited for a boarding call. And in sometime came the magic words. We all headed to board the flight. Now, I start going thro a number of feelings.

Excitement & Fear, cos this was my first international flight.
Happiness, I was heading to the Silicon valley, and more so, I was going to be wit my dearest sis whom I missed for the past 2.5 years
Sadness, I was leaving my parents and Kutty behind and a whole ocean of friends.

The inner me was emotionally mottled. And I boarded the flight wit a lot of thots and rats racing around in my tummy. I sit down and in very less time all passengers were offered something to drink..... PHEWWWWWW!!!!!

End of Part 1............

Comments

  1. and u know wat in airport they accept dollars for food... we also did the same and got a coke for a dollar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTH??? :O!!! Seriously.... I dinno da :(!!! ada paavi! I went into the flight waitin to be given somethin to eat or drink... :-s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm hmm..Eat or drink eh.. Ok sir. Next part, I'm waiting for some midnight masala that happened on your flight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "All flights are running full, Sir, head to Immigration." SIR.... YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rotfl......... :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. @navin: Midnite masala eh... comin up macha!! :D
    @Rmy: hehe... i was rotfling too :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming...

I choose now to write A thought about Thoughts, a tale about Feelings. How I wanted to, But, did not speak up or express. I chose, but, To be hurt, To feel betrayed, Disappointed,   by The ones I thought never will Defeated in every path, I chose Stopped time I did, Flipped a few pages back, And stared at life, As an outsider, a stranger With no judgment… I wanted to And failed To say no, to opine To choose differently To be happy and Not carry the burden of My choices. I chose the sorrow, I chose betrayal, I chose yesterday, I chose today. I chose to become. Alas! Time waits for no one, I lay with my eyes open, On a bed of choices and doubts. Pages of life turned to A tomorrow with hope, New paths to pave A path to a new Becoming…

Master of None (?!)

And I keep returning to the blogosphere with one thing or the other. Here goes another cryptic mess here. Are you the master of your choice?  Bright and vibrant eyes, A soothing voice, Helpful demeanor, Subtle yet present curves, A shapely dress, Highlighting them all, As if she wasn't already attractive enough. She called out to him, Gently nudging for attention, From time to time. No matter how big the crowd, He ogled at her unabashedly, Never let her out of sight, Or an arm's length. She wasn't new in his life, Nonetheless, she managed... To morph in many ways From time to time Just for his attention And he, for her Diabolical, was she? One fine day… He sat with his back, Turned away from her, Like he cared - For the world around him. As he looked up and around, All that was left was... Burned bridges, Withering flowers, Fallen leaves, Decadence of life as he knew it And an insignificant ray of hope.

Me, myself & joy....

My back faced the window at The Brew Room. I was engrossed with a few spreadsheets and documents. My coffee arrived. The girl with a very subtle smile on her face served it and was pleasantly shocked when I said thank you and smiled at her. So much so, I could see a small amount of blood rush to her thin, long and meek face that brought an involuntary smile across it.  She turned back and walked away to avoid further eye contact.  In some time, the sun, as it went about it's day moved further west and shone through parts of the windows of the coffee shop. The tree cover and the sun rays had a battle of sorts while the shadows played along. I had youtube dishing out AR Rahman's melodies one after the other. I suddenly felt a warmth on my back. A few sneaky rays of sunshine diffused through the gaps in the leaves to make it in and bring new life into my workplace. I took off my earphones, sat there observing the cheerful people around me and the near perfect day.  To m