Skip to main content

For The Love Of The Dream - Part 1

Sometimes it is funny how you meet people who become a very important part of your life. Here goes a fiction, based on how interesting it can be to meet a person who becomes as important as they are, overnight.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE DREAM

It was Anisha’s birthday and Ram had called to wish her at midnight. It was a difference of twelve and a half hours between them. Ram sat up in his bed with a bowl of cereal and dialed her number rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand. “Many more happy returns of this day da… Have an awesome day and an even better year ahead”, he said in a ruffled voice as he attempted to clear his throat. Anisha screamed into the phone “Thankyou Rammmmmmmmmmmm and why the hell are you calling so late????” After a brief explanation she said, “All my friends are here do you want to see us on a webcam?” Ram woke up with a start and turned to his laptop and logged on. He said hi to all her friends on the cam and took notice of one pretty one. “So who is that with the black t-shirt?”, he queried inquisitively. “Hey Ram. I am Swapna, a friend of Anisha’s for eternity now.”, she answered in a voice that had him listening in rapt attention.

“So you are the Swapna she keeps talking about…You indeed justify your name”, he said out of impulse. She asked, “Huh?? What does that mean??” as she let out a giggle. Ram braced himself and mustered a little more courage and said in a clear voice now, “You look like a dream. A dream every man would want to have. You look very pretty.” Swapna blushed and ran out of the room. Ram was worried if he had said anything wrong. Anisha broke the silence and introduced her other friends to make the situation less awkward. Ram heaved a sigh of relief and hung up before Swapna could return.

Swapna asked Anisha who Ram was. Anisha told her about Ram and gave his id for her to chat. Ram was online that whole night, when he got an invite from Swapna on his chat client at around 10 o’ clock. For a minute he was overjoyed and confused and did not know what to do before he accepted her invite.

“Hey how you doin’?”, he typed. Swapna was typing for a while and the message on Ram’s screen read, “So, what were you saying about me during the video chat yesterday night?” Ram was flustered for a moment before he could reply. He typed, “Well Swapna I think you look very pretty and I think you have extremely pretty eyes.” Swapna said a very weak thank you and a conversation began that would last in their memories if not inboxes for the rest of their lives.

Swapna was a very pretty girl from Anisha’s class from middle school. She wasn’t quite the dream girl back in school days, but now she was the kind of girl every man would dream of. A very outgoing person, who knew where the line exactly was. She would party hard and still make it a point to go to the temple every day. She was the bubbly and cheerful person everyone would love to have as a friend and yet she was the one who could be trusted with any problem. She struck a balance in life that many could only dream of.

Ram met Anisha through another friend at a party and became really close. Ram was doing his masters in computer engineering in the USA while Anisha was back in India after completing hers in the UK. He was academically brilliant and had a flair for writing. He was a major hit among the women around him and he remained single waiting for the right one. His looks were only an add-on to the whole package. Every guy around him envied him and wanted to be him.

“She was a dream, she was a fantasy,
She was the one, every woman wanted to be,
People who looked at her, would say God was partial,
For He had given her all that they thought; could never be real,
She is the dream I had, She is the one who took my heart away from me……”


Ram made that update to his blog and passed on the link to Swapna.

*****The Beginning of The Dream*****

P.S: If at all u read this far... Do leave me ur valuable suggestions.

Comments

  1. Congrats Ram...err Vinay, I mean!:P

    May your dream(Swapna) come true.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.. Had a good sense of Deja-vu!.. Waiting for part II! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sushie: :P ....this is a story tat cud happen to anyone :) not me :)
    @b: :D :D :D!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming...

I choose now to write A thought about Thoughts, a tale about Feelings. How I wanted to, But, did not speak up or express. I chose, but, To be hurt, To feel betrayed, Disappointed,   by The ones I thought never will Defeated in every path, I chose Stopped time I did, Flipped a few pages back, And stared at life, As an outsider, a stranger With no judgment… I wanted to And failed To say no, to opine To choose differently To be happy and Not carry the burden of My choices. I chose the sorrow, I chose betrayal, I chose yesterday, I chose today. I chose to become. Alas! Time waits for no one, I lay with my eyes open, On a bed of choices and doubts. Pages of life turned to A tomorrow with hope, New paths to pave A path to a new Becoming…

Master of None (?!)

And I keep returning to the blogosphere with one thing or the other. Here goes another cryptic mess here. Are you the master of your choice?  Bright and vibrant eyes, A soothing voice, Helpful demeanor, Subtle yet present curves, A shapely dress, Highlighting them all, As if she wasn't already attractive enough. She called out to him, Gently nudging for attention, From time to time. No matter how big the crowd, He ogled at her unabashedly, Never let her out of sight, Or an arm's length. She wasn't new in his life, Nonetheless, she managed... To morph in many ways From time to time Just for his attention And he, for her Diabolical, was she? One fine day… He sat with his back, Turned away from her, Like he cared - For the world around him. As he looked up and around, All that was left was... Burned bridges, Withering flowers, Fallen leaves, Decadence of life as he knew it And an insignificant ray of hope.

Me, myself & joy....

My back faced the window at The Brew Room. I was engrossed with a few spreadsheets and documents. My coffee arrived. The girl with a very subtle smile on her face served it and was pleasantly shocked when I said thank you and smiled at her. So much so, I could see a small amount of blood rush to her thin, long and meek face that brought an involuntary smile across it.  She turned back and walked away to avoid further eye contact.  In some time, the sun, as it went about it's day moved further west and shone through parts of the windows of the coffee shop. The tree cover and the sun rays had a battle of sorts while the shadows played along. I had youtube dishing out AR Rahman's melodies one after the other. I suddenly felt a warmth on my back. A few sneaky rays of sunshine diffused through the gaps in the leaves to make it in and bring new life into my workplace. I took off my earphones, sat there observing the cheerful people around me and the near perfect day.  To m