Skip to main content

For The Love Of The Dream - Final Part

The next morning when Swapna logged in she had forgotten completely about the surprise and they were chatting about random things as the conversation went by. Ram did not bother to remind her either. Swapna quickly typed, “We are going to have a huge bash for Anisha’s birthday tomorrow at her place. We couldn’t have a party that day ‘cos she had plans with her family.” Ram exclaimed, “Wow, that’s awesome sweety…. So, you are gonna be at her place all day tomorrow eh?”

Swapna giggled to herself and replied, “Why do you ask like you’re going to come to the party? ;)” Ram sighed heavily on the other side and keyed in, “How I wish babe… how I wish……” They continued and she went on and on about what she had planned for the party. Ram was missing all the action and he felt bad about it. Ram typed out in frustration, “Damn! Semester ended yesterday and if only I could afford to get to India :( :(.” Swapna asked anticipating a positive response, “Is there no way you can come now?” Ram made a quick and short reply, “Nope.”

Swapna was now asking Ram what else they could do. Swapna asking him for some ideas for the party. Ram said his mood wasn’t ok and he logged off. Swapna tried to persuade him to stay, but, he refused and left. Swapna was missing him online and she was suddenly reminded of the surprise that he had promised. She was now very curious to know what it was and she called him. The conversation was very terse. Ram answered the call and in a very depressed tone replied, “I will call you tomorrow. I know you were reminded of the surprise I promised you. I’ll let you know tomorrow. Waiting at times increases the value of the surprise. Hold on to your curiosity sweety.” Without waiting for her to reply, he hung up.

Swapna was confused and had no clue what it was about. She had to plan for a huge party the next day. So she just slept. The next morning the moment she woke up, she went online to check what Ram was upto. Ram was Offline. But, seconds later a message popped up and she read the message that said, “Go and check my blog for your surprise.” It said, “I know you have a party to organize, but, DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT READING THE SURPRISE” in CAPS. It was about 11AM in the morning for her.

She quickly went to the Ram’s blog and started reading the story. It was titled; ‘For the Love of The Dream.’ The story was approximately 3-4 pages long and it had a few 5 liners. She did not understand the consequence of the surprise as she read on, pretty obfuscated by the whole situation.

When she was nearing the last part of the story that began with ‘The Dream – The Manifestation’, she was wondering why the reality of the last few days was written down as a story. Although very puzzled, she continued to read.

I couldn’t wait to meet her,
How I wish time moved faster,
Oh so I went, with no idea what to get,
The golden moment couldn’t be missed, when, for the first time we met……
For, it is all For the Love of The Dream, For Me, For her, For Us, Forever………….

She read it. Although she knew what the story meant till the point where he leaves her an offline message, she had no clue about why this story at this time. She sat there puzzled missing him. In a few minutes, she got dressed to go to Anisha’s place. She opened the door as she looked down at her dress and made adjustments to it.

She looked up and Ram stood there with a huge bouquet of red roses in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other.

****Happily Ever After*****


P.S: Bouquets ;) and brickbats welcome. Thanks for reading this far.
P.P.S: The story is based on totally fictional characters and any resemblance to any real person is not intentional and is purely coincidental ;)
P.P.P.S: The blog has reached 50 posts. Thanks for the support and feedback guys.

Comments

  1. nice story.. keep up the good work dude!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i just bumped into ur blog... and had to read the story... was really something.. hmmm very nice usage of words.. and i liked the surprize too .. keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ashwin: u think so?? :P
    @chital: thanks a lot.... Im glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming...

I choose now to write A thought about Thoughts, a tale about Feelings. How I wanted to, But, did not speak up or express. I chose, but, To be hurt, To feel betrayed, Disappointed,   by The ones I thought never will Defeated in every path, I chose Stopped time I did, Flipped a few pages back, And stared at life, As an outsider, a stranger With no judgment… I wanted to And failed To say no, to opine To choose differently To be happy and Not carry the burden of My choices. I chose the sorrow, I chose betrayal, I chose yesterday, I chose today. I chose to become. Alas! Time waits for no one, I lay with my eyes open, On a bed of choices and doubts. Pages of life turned to A tomorrow with hope, New paths to pave A path to a new Becoming…

Master of None (?!)

And I keep returning to the blogosphere with one thing or the other. Here goes another cryptic mess here. Are you the master of your choice?  Bright and vibrant eyes, A soothing voice, Helpful demeanor, Subtle yet present curves, A shapely dress, Highlighting them all, As if she wasn't already attractive enough. She called out to him, Gently nudging for attention, From time to time. No matter how big the crowd, He ogled at her unabashedly, Never let her out of sight, Or an arm's length. She wasn't new in his life, Nonetheless, she managed... To morph in many ways From time to time Just for his attention And he, for her Diabolical, was she? One fine day… He sat with his back, Turned away from her, Like he cared - For the world around him. As he looked up and around, All that was left was... Burned bridges, Withering flowers, Fallen leaves, Decadence of life as he knew it And an insignificant ray of hope.

Me, myself & joy....

My back faced the window at The Brew Room. I was engrossed with a few spreadsheets and documents. My coffee arrived. The girl with a very subtle smile on her face served it and was pleasantly shocked when I said thank you and smiled at her. So much so, I could see a small amount of blood rush to her thin, long and meek face that brought an involuntary smile across it.  She turned back and walked away to avoid further eye contact.  In some time, the sun, as it went about it's day moved further west and shone through parts of the windows of the coffee shop. The tree cover and the sun rays had a battle of sorts while the shadows played along. I had youtube dishing out AR Rahman's melodies one after the other. I suddenly felt a warmth on my back. A few sneaky rays of sunshine diffused through the gaps in the leaves to make it in and bring new life into my workplace. I took off my earphones, sat there observing the cheerful people around me and the near perfect day.  To m