Skip to main content

For The Love Of The Dream - Part 2

Swapna said she would check it later. They continued talking for the next few hours. She was talking about her childhood and school times. Swapna all of a sudden pinged him and said, “Dude, I’ll go get my lunch” and that is when they realized they have been lost in talk for the last 4 hours. They had spoken without a break and they decided to scroll to see what they had spoken.

Ram quipped, “Man I can write a whole biography of Swapna and call it the Tale of the Dream may be!”
Swapna chuckled to herself and replied, “Oh well, it isn’t any lesser here. I even know what the color of your first bicycle was.” Realization is the funny feeling that dawned upon both of them. They had met 4 hours back on an instant messaging client and now they stood at a point where they knew so much about each other.

Swapna in almost a shocked state typed out, “Where on this sweet planet is this heading? This is so fast.” Ram was slow and realized the magnitude of the situation only when he read out what she had typed. He typed a quick “BRB” and sipped on some orange juice as he thought. Swapna was lying in wait at the other end. Ram replied, “What are you talking about? I think we are doing just fine. Let us slow things down if you think it’s weird.” Swapna read it to herself and started asking herself several questions before she said, “I don’t know what is happening. I thought it was going to be some casual flirting and just getting to know kind of chat. It seriously is headed somewhere now. Just that this whole feeling is very new.”

Ram now was beginning to take this very seriously. He said, “Listen, we have not met at all. Does this make any difference to you? It doesn’t make any to me. I really think I like you. If I were in Chennai now I would come right over and ask you out.” Swapna read this to herself silently and replied with a very weak, “Hmmm….” This could mean a zillion things and Ram was confused with this reply. He was left clueless as to what it could mean.

All of a sudden she pinged him and she almost screamed out aloud, “Dude, it is almost impossible to be that fast!!” Ram said, “Oh ya sure it is. I know. But, I think you are one of the prettiest, sweetest and cutest people …..” He was cut short by, “I just read the poem that you had posted.” Ram had no clue how to react to what he was reading. He could imagine the look on her face. He turned pale with fear of what was going to happen next. Swapna again intervened and said, “Dude how serious are you when you type stuff like this? Are you just flirting with me for the fun, ‘cos all of a sudden it feels weird and I don’t know whether what is happening is right.”

Ram kept reading and said nothing.
She waited for his reply. Ram typed out, “Look I am very very serious that I like you a lot and I don’t know what else to say. I have no issues with how long the distance is ‘cos I strongly believe distance is what lies between the hearts and that I am sure cannot be measured in kilometers or miles or cannot change across timezones.”

Swapna read this patiently and replied, “Well well well…..someone is all emotional and serious et al….. ROFL. I know dude… I know how serious you are. I think I can figure out what you mean and trust me, you make me feel like a little school girl - you make me go pink, butterflies in the stomach and all….”
Ram was ecstatic when he read this and said, “Hey you know what? I can’t wait to see you in person. I am making another post now  and this goes out as a special dedication to the cute dimple on your cheeks.”

My eyes were waitin to meet ....
The beautiful face of the gal so sweet....
The missing muscle, oh so cute....
Makes her prettier and makes me go mute....
The moment my eyes first met the face, Oh I sure know, my heart skipped a beat....!!


He told her there was another update. It was now 5 AM for him and she had to go out in the evening then. She said, “Hey I gotta go now dude. Temple time now. I’ll see you around.” It was 5 AM when Ram read that message on that window. Ram rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand and changed his status on IM to “Sleepless” and then he replied, “Hey baby………I think I’m gonna miss you. Take awesome care of yourself. And I have a surprise for you when you come back.”

She tried to persuade him to tell her what it was. She insisted till he told her he was going to sleep and he said bye to her. She left for the temple as Ram stayed up and made up a surprise for her.

*****The Dream – The Manifestation*****


P.S: I still need feedback guys. Do leave some :) Thanks If u have read this far.

Comments

  1. Hey Vinay, The post is awesome.... Part 1 and 2 :) loved it a lot.... hey write the part 3 soon... waitin to know what the surprise is :)
    Keep blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @harini: thanks da... will come soon ;)
    @anony: I think I know who this is!! ROFLMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaya i knw u knw! i dunno hw to post a comment in a blog- so anonymous ah pannen! odi po! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe.. sooper cute! i am a friend of "anonymous"! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome da! :D Let me do u a favour, I ll keep my knowledge of u with myself and wait for whats coming up in 3! :) Deja-vu! Seriously. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @anony: ROFL :) :)!!!
    @ayshwarya: thanks a ton :)
    @b: ROFL ROFL ....I was rolling on the floor laughin like a mad man wen I read ur comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFLING? Why in the name of God? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming...

I choose now to write A thought about Thoughts, a tale about Feelings. How I wanted to, But, did not speak up or express. I chose, but, To be hurt, To feel betrayed, Disappointed,   by The ones I thought never will Defeated in every path, I chose Stopped time I did, Flipped a few pages back, And stared at life, As an outsider, a stranger With no judgment… I wanted to And failed To say no, to opine To choose differently To be happy and Not carry the burden of My choices. I chose the sorrow, I chose betrayal, I chose yesterday, I chose today. I chose to become. Alas! Time waits for no one, I lay with my eyes open, On a bed of choices and doubts. Pages of life turned to A tomorrow with hope, New paths to pave A path to a new Becoming…

Master of None (?!)

And I keep returning to the blogosphere with one thing or the other. Here goes another cryptic mess here. Are you the master of your choice?  Bright and vibrant eyes, A soothing voice, Helpful demeanor, Subtle yet present curves, A shapely dress, Highlighting them all, As if she wasn't already attractive enough. She called out to him, Gently nudging for attention, From time to time. No matter how big the crowd, He ogled at her unabashedly, Never let her out of sight, Or an arm's length. She wasn't new in his life, Nonetheless, she managed... To morph in many ways From time to time Just for his attention And he, for her Diabolical, was she? One fine day… He sat with his back, Turned away from her, Like he cared - For the world around him. As he looked up and around, All that was left was... Burned bridges, Withering flowers, Fallen leaves, Decadence of life as he knew it And an insignificant ray of hope.

Me, myself & joy....

My back faced the window at The Brew Room. I was engrossed with a few spreadsheets and documents. My coffee arrived. The girl with a very subtle smile on her face served it and was pleasantly shocked when I said thank you and smiled at her. So much so, I could see a small amount of blood rush to her thin, long and meek face that brought an involuntary smile across it.  She turned back and walked away to avoid further eye contact.  In some time, the sun, as it went about it's day moved further west and shone through parts of the windows of the coffee shop. The tree cover and the sun rays had a battle of sorts while the shadows played along. I had youtube dishing out AR Rahman's melodies one after the other. I suddenly felt a warmth on my back. A few sneaky rays of sunshine diffused through the gaps in the leaves to make it in and bring new life into my workplace. I took off my earphones, sat there observing the cheerful people around me and the near perfect day.  To m