Skip to main content

Remains of a Lost Heart - Part 6

I am sorry about the delay in Part 6 guys. Just that lotsa other stuff was holding me up till now. Just made some time for Part 6 and here goes Part 6. You can start with Part 1 and read on if you haven't yet started. I promise to keep Part 7 and remaining parts bang on time. 

Chapter 6 - The Player


“How much do you mean all the stuff you wrote?”, she asked him in a single line and ended her mail. Arya returned from a team meeting and checked his mail and he did not have a ‘right’ response he thought. It was true. There was no right or wrong. It was the woman he loved and the one whom he had intense feelings for. His mind and heart were waging their own battle while he called her. “I really meant every single word of what I typed into that poem Nish”, he said and waited for her to respond.  After moments of awkward silence she replied, “Hmmmm intense … Very intense.” But, there was something more she wanted to say that she wasn’t uttering. Arya felt there was something missing from what she said. He pushed her, “Then….. go on…” Like almost those were the magic words that were needed for her to say it she went on, “I don’t know if I am worth all this Arya. I am not the angelic girl you make me feel or look like. I think the problem is we are not in the same place in this relationship. And I think the long distance is going to be a huge factor. It’s hard for me.” Arya quietly listened. He uttered as she paused, “I am off for a meeting now, I’ll call you tonight. Bye and have a nice one” and he hung up.


Arya knew what exactly was happening. She was walking away again. Arya mailed Nisha in the evening, “Ok I know I am an intense person and I write what I feel with even more intensity. May be it was the first date for you. But, I did not feel any different than I felt eight years ago. I still like you just as much. I will not go as far as saying you will be the only love of my life. I dated a few girls before this. I am sure I’ll go out with a few more after. If long distance doesn’t work for you, I understand completely. Just so you know; I have no problem with the distance. Again I understand you fear where this might end. Well, I had thought this through. Anyways if I made you feel uncomfortable at any point, I just want to say I am sorry. Luv Arya.”

She read the mail and she called him immediately, “Arya, may be this wasn’t meant to be. May be we should let this go.” Arya listened patiently and said, “Sure, if you think so. Anyways, it is something we let go sometime back. This isn’t new. So, stay in touch Nish. Just because all this happened doesn’t mean we can’t be friends. Right?” There was an odd pause which Nisha came in and eased out. “Of course nothing will change. I will still keep pinging you and bugging you just as much as I used to”, she said that. Arya let out a painfully tough giggle from his side and she knew there was something awkward. He told her he was tired because of all the work and he hung up and crashed. He slept with the thought that things were never going to be the same again.


Arya woke up to a good morning message from her. Not replying to it was not his usual response. He walked into the shower with a blank face. He came out like someone had sucked the life out of him and went on with his day. He messaged Ajay about what had happened and Ajay met him in the evening. “So it is over huh? I thought it was all fine…” Ajay asked in an inquisitive tone. “Screw the details man. I am now gonna need a date. Whom do you think I should call?” Ajay with almost a wicked smile on his face asked him whom he was going to call. Arya said in an affirmative tone, “I want to meet some new people, if you know what I mean. Can I join you for that party you are going to this Friday?” Ajay was more than happy that Arya was coming. Ajay said jokingly, “Thank god now I have a designated driver.” Arya replied in a sarcastic tone, “I am not sure you will have a ride back though. Is that ok?” and winked at him.

Arya continued to date different girls as time went by. There were two months left before he could leave for the US. His relationships lasted weeks or sometimes even days. As time went by, Arya and Nisha lost touch and just before he left to the US, he called her. “Alright Nish, I am headed to US tonight. Just thought I’ll say bye. Keep in touch”, he said that with a discomfort in his voice. Nisha almost coldly replied, “Sure. Bye dude. Have a nice time. Be good and tell me all about your girlfriends. Bon Voyage.” After a few seconds of deathly silence, they hung up. The silence meant a lot more than what was said during the conversation. It was a silence both of them did not enjoy.

He reached the US and was settling down. It was a couple of weeks since he had reached California and it was easy to settle down because of the large Indian population. He had a new phone, new place, new friends and a new life. He had made up his mind to start afresh.

It was a lazy winter afternoon before school had started. Arya was sitting around and talking to a couple of his friends as he browsed the internet on his new laptop. All of a sudden his phone rang. The number that came up was not known to him. He picked it up anyways. A sweet voice, a voice he knew for eternities sounded. “Hey Arya, Guess who….”

*******************************************************************
P.S: Leave me your valuable feedback guys. I really could use it.
P.P.S: I am planning to write may be 2 more parts or at most 3 more till the end of this story :)

Comments

  1. hey anna...
    its really nice... aana pls indha maadiri suspense la vekkadha da... enaku mudivu theriyama manda vedichidum maadiri iruku :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming...

I choose now to write A thought about Thoughts, a tale about Feelings. How I wanted to, But, did not speak up or express. I chose, but, To be hurt, To feel betrayed, Disappointed,   by The ones I thought never will Defeated in every path, I chose Stopped time I did, Flipped a few pages back, And stared at life, As an outsider, a stranger With no judgment… I wanted to And failed To say no, to opine To choose differently To be happy and Not carry the burden of My choices. I chose the sorrow, I chose betrayal, I chose yesterday, I chose today. I chose to become. Alas! Time waits for no one, I lay with my eyes open, On a bed of choices and doubts. Pages of life turned to A tomorrow with hope, New paths to pave A path to a new Becoming…

Master of None (?!)

And I keep returning to the blogosphere with one thing or the other. Here goes another cryptic mess here. Are you the master of your choice?  Bright and vibrant eyes, A soothing voice, Helpful demeanor, Subtle yet present curves, A shapely dress, Highlighting them all, As if she wasn't already attractive enough. She called out to him, Gently nudging for attention, From time to time. No matter how big the crowd, He ogled at her unabashedly, Never let her out of sight, Or an arm's length. She wasn't new in his life, Nonetheless, she managed... To morph in many ways From time to time Just for his attention And he, for her Diabolical, was she? One fine day… He sat with his back, Turned away from her, Like he cared - For the world around him. As he looked up and around, All that was left was... Burned bridges, Withering flowers, Fallen leaves, Decadence of life as he knew it And an insignificant ray of hope.

Me, myself & joy....

My back faced the window at The Brew Room. I was engrossed with a few spreadsheets and documents. My coffee arrived. The girl with a very subtle smile on her face served it and was pleasantly shocked when I said thank you and smiled at her. So much so, I could see a small amount of blood rush to her thin, long and meek face that brought an involuntary smile across it.  She turned back and walked away to avoid further eye contact.  In some time, the sun, as it went about it's day moved further west and shone through parts of the windows of the coffee shop. The tree cover and the sun rays had a battle of sorts while the shadows played along. I had youtube dishing out AR Rahman's melodies one after the other. I suddenly felt a warmth on my back. A few sneaky rays of sunshine diffused through the gaps in the leaves to make it in and bring new life into my workplace. I took off my earphones, sat there observing the cheerful people around me and the near perfect day.  To m